Cagdas Sirin is Reneva’s founder and CEO. He is an entrepreneur with executive experience in US and European markets. Dr. Sirin’s expertise lie in data inspired decision making and strategic leadership. After teaching for several years as a professor of economics/econometrics , his recent experience focuses on the retail industry, marketing, brand equity, and pricing models. He joined Chobani as Senior Vice President in 2015 , where he built an insights and category management team that he integrated with the company’s demand generation goals. Chobani achieved its highest market share in its history during his time there. Recognizing the growing demand for healthier food and beverages , Cagdas founded Reneva in 2019, and is now meeting consumer demand by offering two delicious, sugar free, low-calorie drinks with high quality collagen peptides in a convenient ready-to-drink can.
Karina Kromsova is the VP of Sales for Reneva. She’s an experienced brand and sales developer with 15+ years in the food industry and an MBA from Pittsburgh. She spent the first part of her career in retail, where she lead product development and marketing for $10B+ grocery company, Giant Eagle. She then followed her dreams to NYC where she worked for Chobani during it’s peak time of growth, developing sales in all emerging accounts (Amazon, Costco, Whole Foods, to name a few). After having a couple offspring, she landed in Austin, TX where she has spent time helping new food start ups, such as Aspire Food Group and enjoying the outdoors. Her love and appreciation of healthy, delicious foods and a fit adventurous lifestyle is the heart of her creative energy.
Beria Nur Senay is Director of Operations at Reneva. She graduated from Drexel University with a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering and Minor in Mathematics in 2005. After graduation she has worked at Pladis Holding, leading confectionery company, where she succeeded orchestrating multiple projects with competing priorities including process engineering, business and research development and innovation. She initiated and lead multi-discipline projects at group’s international plants in countries including Algeria, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Romania, Ukraine .
Deniz Oncu is Director of Marketing at Reneva. He graduated from NYU with a BA in Mathematics and Economics in 2017 with honors. Deniz is a true fitness enthusiast. As a 4-year member and captain of the NYU Men’s Varsity Soccer Team, he developed a strong passion and appreciation for the importance of nutrition in supporting athletic performance and general well-being. Upon graduation Deniz began working as an economic consultant at Cornerstone Research, where he provided financial and economic analysis to corporations, government agencies and expert witnesses in high profile litigation matters. Deniz worked on a multitude of advertising and marketing related matters in the consumer goods industry.
What is Collagen?
- Collagen is the most abundant protein found in human body. It is the primary structural component of our bones, muscles, skin, and connective tissues. Collagen is a hard, insoluble, fibrous protein. Collagen is like the cement that holds everything together in our bodies. Collagen plays a crucial role in ensuring mobile joints, stable bones, strong muscles, smooth skin, shiny hair, and healthy fingernails. Collagen also acts as a protective covering for organs in the body, such as the kidneys. To remain healthy, strong, and mobile, we need adequate amounts of collagen peptides in our daily diet.
- Collagen production slows down with age and exposure to exogenous factors such as smoking, UV light, and high sugar consumption. With this reduction in Collagen, the structural integrity of the skin declines, wrinkles form and joint cartilage weakens. Adding collagen to your diet can help regenerate what the body has lost and combat the effects of aging.
The benefits of the collagen included in Reneva are backed by science. Consider the following studies published in the US National Library Mecidine
- Oral supplementation of specific collagen peptides has beneficial effects on human skin physiology: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23949208
- In this double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, 69 women aged 35-55 years were randomized to receive 2.5 g or 5.0 g of CH or placebo once daily for 8 weeks, with 23 subjects being allocated to each treatment group. At the end of the study, skin elasticity in both CH dosage groups showed a statistically significant improvement in comparison to placebo. After 4 weeks of follow-up treatment, a statistically significantly higher skin elasticity level was determined in elderly women
- Oral intake of specific bioactive collagen peptides reduces skin wrinkles and increases dermal matrix synthesis. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24401291
- In this double-blind, placebo-controlled study, the effectiveness of the specific bioactive collagen peptide (BCP) VERISOL® on eye wrinkle formation and stimulation of procollagen I, elastin and fibrillin biosynthesis in the skin was assessed. A hundred and fourteen women aged 45-65 years were randomized to receive 2.5 g of BCP or placebo, once daily for 8 weeks, with 57 subjects being allocated to each treatment group. The ingestion of the specific BCP used in this study promoted a statistically significant reduction of eye wrinkle volume (p < 0.05) in comparison to the placebo group after 4 and 8 weeks (20%) of intake. Moreover a positive long-lasting effect was observed 4 weeks after the last BCP administration (p < 0.05). Additionally, after 8 weeks of intake a statistically significantly higher content of procollagen type I (65%) and elastin (18%) in the BCP-treated volunteers compared to the placebo-treated patients was detected.
- Oral supplementation with specific bioactive collagen peptides improves nail growth and reduces symptoms of brittle nails. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28786550
- In this open-label, single-center trial, 25 participants took 2.5 g of specific bioactive collagen peptides (BCP, VERISOL® ) once daily for 24 weeks followed by a 4-week off-therapy period. Bioactive collagen peptides treatment promoted an increase of 12% nail growth rate and a decrease of 42% in the frequency of broken nails. Additionally, 64% of participants achieved a global clinical improvement in brittle nails, and 88% of participants experienced an improvement 4 weeks post-treatment. The majority of participants (80%) agreed that the use of BCP improved their nails' appearance, and were completely satisfied with the performance of the treatment..
- Dietary Supplementation with Specific Collagen Peptides Has a Body Mass Index-Dependent Beneficial Effect on Cellulite Morphology.. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4685482/
- In this double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study, the researchers investigated the efficacy of specific bioactive collagen peptides (BCP) on the cellulite treatment of normal and overweight women. In total, 105 women aged 24–50 years with moderate cellulite were randomized to orally receive a daily dosage of 2.5 g BCP or a placebo over 6 months. BCP treatment led to a statistically significant decrease in the degree of cellulite and a reduced skin waviness on thighs (P < 0.05) in normal weight women. Moreover, dermal density was significantly improved (P < 0.05) compared to placebo. The efficacy of BCP treatment was also confirmed in overweight women, although the impact was less pronounced in comparison with women of normal body weight.